Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Update... at last


I'm so behind, and I'm so sorry. I have a feeling a lot of lives were put on hold as anxious fingers kept refreshing the screen of this blog hoping, and waiting and wishing for resolution on the "hockey dad" story. My apologies, but I had to go get crazy in NYC with my sisters and blogging was forced to pay the price.

So here's the quick and dirty.

1. I got a response the same day as my email.
2. Apparently he had started to freak out about the whole "being ready to date" thing and entering the singles world. Understandable. I never left it and I still wonder each day if I'm ready for it.
3. He still wanted to see me.

I wrote back and told him that I had a bunch of unanswered questions myself about the situation and that the best approach was probably friends for now. Take it slow and just get to know each other. He agreed, we're going to get together soon, and frankly, I think it's the best possible solution and it makes me a lot more comfortable.

So I guess the lesson here is two-fold:

1. Don't listen to advice from anyone else (unless it's you Wallace.. asking me. Clearly you need to listen to my advice.)

2. Act authentically and honestly. (As long as you can handle truth - ie. a reason you didn't want to hear. Like the guy I heard on the radio today who had the station call a girl to find out why she wasn't returning his calls after a really good date - so good they slept together - and she told him it was because after they "hooked up" it freaked her out when he pulled out his asthma thingy and had to catch his breath. This is not a lie.)

And for sure, don't listen to everyone else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos, honesty and transparency are often the best policy.

Side note: The brick wall pattern needs to go. Unless of course that is some kind of subliminal statement of what one needs to traverse in order to get to know you better...

kwallace said...

thanks for the personal direction inside your blog. but the singular attention makes me wonder -- am i the only one that asks for your advice?

Shauri said...

You are not the only one who asks for my advice, you are just the one who needs it the most and follows it the least. And also, you may be the only one who ask for it.

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.