Thursday, July 24, 2008

True Love

Sometimes I realize that my approach to "finding love" is all wrong. You don't have to find it with a man or woman -- why limit yourself?

Just go buy yourself a lion cub and create a relationship that will span time and space.

Really - this is crazy--and touching. Two men bought a lion cub at Harrod's, back when you still could pick up exotic animals at the mall, and raised him until he got too big to care for and feed. Then they brought him back to Kenya and released him to the wild where he got his own pride and adapted. Years later the men wanted to go back and see if the lion would remember them. All advisors told them - BAD IDEA - a lion will not remember you once it is back in the wild and you will become not so much dearly beloved parent as much as thoroughly enjoyed lunch. Take a gander for yourself at what happened:

2 comments:

Delsa said...

That is truly amazing. Do you think it is true or the story somehow manufactured. I can't believe that could happen, but I too found myself crying. Just think, the millenium will be that way. I can hardly wait!

Anonymous said...

OMG(oodness), I was laughing soooo hard at this. The music puts it over the top! The producer of this clip had to have been a female. NO WAY a guy would have slow-mo'd the whole thing, and added Whitney into the mix...

Sad thing is that I thought the lion was going to maul them both...

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.