Saturday, July 26, 2008

A good book

One more quickie today.

We've got Keeley and Ben staying with us this weekend while their parents are off living the high life with no kids in Chicago. Keeley was having a major meltdown about losing them and I even heard her sobbingly tell her mom, "I will miss you every minute you are gone and never forget you. I will remember you more and more each minute you are gone."

To help her get over the pain, I took her to her favorite place - the mall. When we arrived, I told her I needed to go to the bookstore to get Uncle Abram a book. Here's the conversation:

Shauri: I need to get Abram a book.
Keeley: That's a good idea.
Shauri: Why?
Keeley: I think it will help him. He really needs to calm down - he's CRAZY!

Kids say the darndest things.

3 comments:

Delsa said...

That girl is a drama queen, almost better than you. Who's to call who crazy???

Robin said...

Seriously, I agree with Delsa! Kids do say the darndest things....but I think anyone in the Quinn family says things that are more darned (is that a word?!!) than your average kid. That's why your family is so great and fun. I just saw your post about my hair... ha, I totally remember your "melt down" in the basement before your date with Nate....if you hadn't of cut your hair, your probably would be married to him now... j/k. I think you should come to AZ soon... I miss you.

Lisa said...

We should seriously collaborate on a Keely quote book. I mean, there's some good stuff to put in there!

Hits

free hit counter account login link
Get a hit counter here.